Wednesday, May 27, 2015

One for Harry

A quick post for fellow Blogger Harry, check out his work here if you haven't already seen it http://fisharry.blogspot.com.au/


I base my figures on either old credit cards or tongue depressors, using standard gap filler. The rule set I use has x2 figures on a base representing about 30 men, a single figure on a base about 10 men 


Then a drop of super glue is added. 


Finished. You get hundreds of stands based from a tube of gap filler, which is workable and washes out in water. As me old mate Foster would say... "model on Harry".

6 comments:

  1. Does the Super Glue 'set' the filler.?

    Cheers,

    Stan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Stan, it does. Though I usually let it dry before adding it to the base, better results all round :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Al, you've been a great inspiration to me since I first started blogger. Once again thanks for the tip's and I will put your basing method to great use! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome mate, Paul Foster and Tim Gow for me likewise :)

    ReplyDelete