Saturday, October 22, 2016

Airfix Fallschirmjager (mostly)

Been on and off this project for almost a year but my early war German parachute regiment is now more or less finished



1st Battalion


2nd


3rd - needs a mortar platoon


The beginnings of a machine gun battalion


Regimental assest


Company command platoons




About every 3rd or 4th figure was altered in some way and I added weapon slings where I could








The powerful engineer flamethrower platoon




The regiment is for 1939-42. I still need a handful of stands to fully complete it but I've run out of mortars, machine guns and command figures :)

12 comments:

  1. The Airfix Fallschirmjaeger were one of my favourite Airfix sets from when I was collecting 40 years ago. I still love the energy of the figures, but they are, alas, too small to fit well with a lot of the other manufacturers' sets. Nice to see them being loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice one mate, they'll be a classic that's for sure. The height thing I live with given the variations you get with figures these days

      Delete
    2. I´ll second Bill. I loved this set as a nipper..good to see them getting new life here

      Delete
  2. Nice work Al. I think I have a "baggy" of these if you need a few extras...

    Cheers, Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ! careful how you use the word 'baggy' mate, will have the plod abseiling through the front window :)

      Would appreciate a few swapsies' though :) ochneeinoz at gmail

      Delete
    2. Ha ha true! Email sent....

      Cheers, Dave

      Delete
  3. It's always a pleasure to review your troops. I've never played CD but I have a copy of the rules - what size are your standard infantry bases?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring to see the old Airfix FJ done so well. Would also like to know about your base sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one lads. The bases are 25mm x 20mm, which in CD terms gives the platoon a frontage of 50yds.

    Thanks for commenting

    Al

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job mate. I am dreading having to set up a ToE for these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe there is where I should start my Airfix plastic figure Renaissance ;)

    ReplyDelete