Sunday, January 5, 2014

Arrived! Plus a bit of progress

We interrupt Games Week coverage to bring you this important announcement... 



At 07.00 our stuff finally arrived from New Zealand


Including my bike :) :) :)



Not road legal for Australia yet but I'm onto it


I allowed myself one box to open until we sort out where everything will go. These are all unmade and comprise about one-half of my 'stash'. Before I met Messrs Foster http://plasticwarriors.blogspot.com.au/?view=classic & Gow http://megablitzandmore.blogspot.com.au/ I never owned one single unmade kit or  set of figures. Thank you both :)



And, a bit of progress on the 0-400. These are various jigs used to align the wing struts



Hull progress, figure is actually the rear gunner. Incidentally, I hope to find crew figures from my recently arrived stuff, to replace the ones missing from the kit



This model had been started when I got it, including parts of the wing assemblies. Green stuff has been used to heavily reinforce the damaged areas, and will be sanded back before final painting



The rigging will be as structural as I can get it, these are test-rigs to see how much weight I can put on the areas that have been repaired


This is a massive project! I calculated that I have already spent about ten hours on the 0-400.

15 comments:

  1. Those PSC Russian T-70`s are a fun build.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's looking impressive and so is that bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to be referring back to your jigs when I start building my HP. I am very impressed that you are even doing the rigging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you need something like a jig to help, they are very fragile to work with

      Delete
  4. Must be a great feeling seeing your stuff arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's great when you have all your stuff around you!
    wonderful bike and wonderful plane!
    waiting to see more.
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly how you feel having done several intercontinental moves and over a dozen cross country moves in my time with the US Army...It's great to
    get ones stuff ! On the rigging very impressive but your
    quite mad ...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No different in the British Army Don, almost got divorced a couple of times :)

      Delete
  7. That plane is a true mission Al. If it was me I would have given up on it long ago. Well done for sticking at it.

    Good to see the container arrival as well. Be carefully on that darn bike Street Hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job done so far on that plane! Looks real nice! And that bike is a beast!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete