Monday, January 13, 2014

Revell Albatros D.III

The latest of my German aircraft for the Great War - entered operational service in late 1916 and continued to serve throughout



I used this to help get my aircraft making mojo back, and to give me something else to do whilst waiting for parts on the 0-400 to set



Simple little kit this, great for wargaming. I was going to rig it but after the amount of that I've been doing on the 0-400 I just didn't have it in me! More on that later



Now, somehow I need to get my trench boards http://20thcenturywargames.blogspot.com.au/search/label/trenches over here from NZL (currently residing with Dave) and this little addition might actually get some game time. I also have a Roden one of these that I might have a crack at later in the year, we'll see.

9 comments:

  1. Aw, it's so cute! Lovely work Al, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beauty paint job! would you of flown in one of those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, no f#*kn way! I had a cousin who flew Harriers, give me a nice cosy gun position anytime :)

      Delete
  3. She's a cracker Al!

    Nicely done all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I remember building this plane when I was a little girls, but it was a kit with a plywood frame and it had thin paper that was dipped in glue and water then stretched over the framework. This plane brought that back to mind and now I'm wondering if anyone else built kits like that.

    You did a fine job with it, but really you should do the rigging *she said jokingly*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, thanks Ann, like your sense of humour mate

      Delete
  5. I do like the Albatros and this one looks wonderful! Very nice work Al!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good job and good way to use spare time while doing more complex models.
    bye

    ReplyDelete