Saturday, March 28, 2015

Reinforcements

Had to show you these. Paul sent them to me. They are painted to a very high standard and include some really nice little details, check out his work here http://plasticwarriors.blogspot.com.au/?view=classic


Arrived yesterday, bringing my total Sherman collection to seven models: x2 full companies plus a command platoon - nine if I include the Fireflies 


This is very cool. Tim Gow http://megablitzandmore.blogspot.com.au/ sent me these http://20thcenturywargames.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/shermans.html a while ago and I think they'll fit in just nicely. One of the reasons I've not done a lot of late war gaming is the lack of common allied tanks, now reasonably remedied :)


This may actually see service at some stage


OMG! I have been after one of these for a very long time. I might try and make the paintwork and markings a bit nondescript so that it will fit in as many theatres as possible. About ten nations used this aircraft, and it saw extensive service in the Pacific with the Dutch, Australian and US forces. Great stuff, thanks mate!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful Al. It's always good when what goes around, comes around. The generosity of people still amazes me (in a good way!)
    Cheers
    Col

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew were after one of those Buffalos for your Dutchies Al.

    Happy modeling mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Paul, like I've said a few times, I never had a single unmade kit/stash until I met you and Tim Gow :)

      Delete
  3. I remember building that Buffalo kit in the mid-1970s. It survived at least until the late 1980s and was used in several games.

    ReplyDelete