Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Airfix Centurions

Here is what they originally looked like, x3 soft plastic models, they have seen several games set between 1946 and 1953 



I added a lower hull section to each of them


This is an actual Airfix kitset, which I did up as a command platoon. It was originally brown



Added fuel cans, mg, crew figure and turret baggage




The fume extractor on the barrel makes these later model Centurions but they will still be used for gaming 1945-70




Repainted and additional decals added to all four vehicles




Quite happy with the revamp results.

14 comments:

  1. The work you did on these made a real difference Al!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really look the part Al, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop .. nice work. I should add another couple for my Spearhead forces ready for Korea or 'Europe goes hot 1946' or .. well, who needs an excuse!!

    Keep it up.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True mate, no excuses needed for this big kid!

      Delete
  4. Looks good! The Airfix ready made M-48s are quite useful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Centur-riffic mate. Well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cleaned/painted-up nice. I like the giant jumping-mouse motif, was that a Vietnam thing or is it a homage to those captured Italian tanks in the Western Desert a while earlier?

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol mate, when I first did these up I had no idea about markings, etc. I just thought the jumping mouse would do :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Yes.
      I think same way, Kangaroo belongs these italian captured tanks.
      But no any way weakness power to here
      I like kangaroos, after 1960
      Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport - sang

      Delete
  7. I like these much better in green than teh Aran/Iraeli war gard

    Good stuff

    ReplyDelete