Monday, April 11, 2011

2cm Flak

Finished this the other night. It's actually quite a tidy little kit with some good detail, tempting me to look at other guns by Ace, particularly an M2-101 howitzer; I'd like to compare this with Paul's most excellent conversion http://plasticwarriors.blogspot.com/2010/06/m2-m101-105mm-howitzer.html
I originally tried to use a Revell horse artillery figure but it was too big, this one, though cruder in appearance, is much better - clearly a veteran if the tally-record is anything to go by!

11 comments:

  1. By chance I just brought two of the 105's on trademe last week.

    The 20mm looks good, nice and worn. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An impressive Tally-record...10 of them probabley had won the war, ;-)
    Nice kit and great work, Al!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done, need a few of those myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like tha gun Al. The decals really make it look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks lads, Paul see you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gunner may be old (Hasegawa halftrack driver?) but he's clearly a good shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice AA gun...The gunner..? Esci? Hasegawa?? I´ve got a couple of bods that look exactly the same as him but they are years old nad survivors from lots of different trucks
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers boys, I had wondered about the crew figure, just for interest sake - I'm thinking Hasegawa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work and nice painting Al!! I wait the kit German 20-mm anti-aircraft gun with crew FLAK-38 by Zvezda.I hope it is soon on the market

    Cheers
    Carlo Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Carlo, I am waiting to see that one too

    ReplyDelete