Thursday, May 19, 2011

Heli 2 of 3

Still a way to go on this one before it's complete but here are a few pictures anyway


I made this one the command unit, same in every respect except for the addition of crew figures


The decals didn't quite go to plan


The crew chief is a converted pilot figure from the Esci set. The MG in the doorway come with the kit but there is nothing to mount it with, I used an old swing-mount from a half-track or something like that


Same paint work as the other but has yet to be dry-brushed and inked. Just one more to finish for my first and probably only helicopter unit

4 comments:

  1. Nice work so far, decals are my achilles heel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see these in action soon. Nice work. The crew chief looks perfect and you haave always had a love hate relationship with decals eh?

    One to go mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks OK to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks boys, yeah something different to make, despite the difficulties with the cosmetics:)

    ReplyDelete