Monday, November 17, 2014

Early War Home Guard

I made this small Home Guard unit from the spare figures I had left over from my continuing BEF project.



The usual touching up to do around the bases, etc but they are otherwise finished



Mostly Zvezda figures with Airfix heads



None of the poses are particularly animated but I was running out of parts and pretty much just had to make do with what I had, the BEF enjoyed the lion's share of the figures and kit available



Two companies plus an HQ section and medium machinegun platoon.

16 comments:

  1. Nice...really nice, Godfrey's looking a bit spritely? And who gave him a Tommy-gun? He'll kill the lot of them as soon as he pulls the trigger!

    They've really worked, it's the Airfix heads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run Adolf run! Mainwaring looks like he may need Wilsons help to get up off his knees - excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really nice Al! I think Pike needs a scarf though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are still impressing me! You should do a 'how too' tutorial on one, with the respirator case build?

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hugh, be happy to do one for you mate but honestly don't have a single Zvezda figure left, soon as I get some more I'll see what I can do for you, other respirator cases I've made from green stuff.

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to the AAR. Will they be Trained, Morale 7?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still working on scenarios Mike, but yeah Trained M7, anything less in CD3 is getting near unworkable. I actually think 7 is a bit high for HG based on the last game we did; unless they are in cover they don't tend to hang around too long :(

      Delete
  6. Great comments as always team, glad you like em

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quality conversions and paint jobs, are you looking forward to the new dads army film?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you, thought you'd fallen off the face of the planet :)

      Delete
  8. Excellent work
    There is a film coming out don't you know too (Dad's Army)

    ReplyDelete